Signing, Lighting and Guarding
Who should attend?
The course is for operatives who are required to set up signing, lighting and guarding equipment on highways.
Course Aims & Objectives
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements to enable them to set out Signing and Guarding on the highway.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Survey the work site
- Protect pedestrians from vehicular traffic and site personnel
- Provide temporary traffic control
- Legal requirements
- Types of Works
- Basic principles of signing and guarding
- On-site risk assessment
- Single vehicle operating
- Works on footways
- Cycle lanes, cycle track and cycle routes
- Methods of traffic control
- Testing and operating portable traffic signals
- New signs
- Speed control
- Procedures for works near tramways and railways
- Planning a signing, lighting and guarding project
On successful completion of the course and assessments, delegates will receive their certification which is valid for 5 years and will be registered on the Street Works Qualifications Register receiving an SWQR Card.
We can offer upcoming open courses for a maximum of 8 delegates (split between operatives and supervisors).
Share this Course