CAT and Genny – Locating and Avoiding Underground Services
Who should attend?
The Safe Use of Cable Avoidance Location Equipment is a training programme that is purposely designed for supervisors and any operatives who are assigned the responsibility of locating underground apparatus for construction, repair or maintenance work on any roadways and highways in the UK.
Course Aims & Objectives
The aim of cable avoidance tools (CAT & Genny) training is to provide both site operatives and construction supervisors with the skills and knowledge to effectively and safely carry out cable avoidance work.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Identify all potential risks to both themselves and others.
- Read and fully understand any site plans.
- Operate cable avoidance tools safely and effectively, to locate and/or avoid existing underground apparatus.
- Interpreting utility plans and symbols
- Identifying where services are on ground
- Recognising a range of services commonly found when carrying out excavations
- Identifying the risks of damage to services and the implications of such damage to Gas, Water and Electricity
- Using cable location equipment to find and trace underground services
- Services that cannot be found with conventional cable location equipment
- Conducting and supervising the activities safely
On successful completion of the course and assessments, delegates will receive their certification which is valid for 5 years and will be registered on the Street Works Qualifications Register receiving an SWQR Card.
We can offer upcoming open courses for a maximum of 8 delegates (split between operatives and supervisors).
Share this Course