Health & Safety Awareness – Site Safety Plus Level 1 Award
Who should attend?
This course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site. It provides a practical summary of Health & Safety, welfare and environmental issues, identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk. Delegates must be competent in English at operative level.
Course Aims and Objectives
The purpose of this course is to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood; why they are carrying out their identified duties and what is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of Health & Safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
- General Responsibilities
- Accident Reporting and Recording
- Health and Welfare
- Dust and Fumes (respiratory risks)
- Manual Handling
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Emergency Procedures and First Aid
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Hazardous Substances
- Electrical Safety and Hand-held Tools and Equipment
- Noise and Vibration
- Site Transport Safety
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- Safety Signs and Signals
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course. Successful candidates will receive an official CITB qualification. The qualification will also be added to the delegates CSCS card when they apply/re-apply for it, providing they send a photocopy of their certificate with their card application. This qualification will need to be refreshed every 5 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 15 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course