Health & Safety in a Construction Environment – Level 1 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for all Learners working in, or wanting to work in, a construction environment. It is also suitable for refresher training. This course is a route to obtain the CSCS Labourers card.
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to develop Learners’ knowledge and understanding of health and
safety in a construction environment so they can work safely on a construction site. It will prepare Learners for employment in a construction environment and is one route towards applying for the Green Labourer CSCS card. Learners who successfully complete QA Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment (RQF) and have completed the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test within the last 2 years can apply for a Green Labourer CSCS card.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving Health & Safety at Work
- Understand the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Be able to understand the importance of working at height in the workplace
- Know risks to health within a construction environment
- Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Common causes of work-related fatalities and injuries
- Method statements and their use
- Health and safety definitions
- Hazards and risks in the construction environment
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Principles of safer manual handling
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working at height and controls
- Risks to health within a construction environment (including asbestos exposure)
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that may be used when dealing with hazardous materials
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working around plant and equipment and controls
- Hazard warning signs and symbols
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course. Successful candidates will receive the Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment (RQF) certificate. The qualification will also be added to the delegates CSCS card when they apply/re-apply for it, providing they send a photocopy of their certificate with their card application.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 16 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course