Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is involved in control reversing operations of a vehicle. This would include the designated Banksman and the driver of the vehicle.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to provide information on the safe and correct use of lifting equipment and accessories and best practice to promote a safer environment for everyone involved.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Be able to inspect the equipment used to sling loads
- Understand the correct hand or arm signals used to manoeuvre the load safely
- Health & Safety (Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996 L64
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Accidents, Causes and Prevention
- Understanding the Correct Procedures for Manoeuvring Vehicles
- Banksmans Responsibilities
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe Systems of Work
- Recognised Signals
- Inspection of Equipment
- Planning the Manoeuvre
- Risk Assessing the Manoeuvre
- Practical Training on Equipment
- Theory and Practical Assessment
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 6 delegates.
Share this Course