IPAF – Operator
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to use, supervise or manage a MEWP in their daily working duties. The categories include: Static Vertical (1A) Static Boom (1B), Mobile Vertical (3A) and Mobile Boom (3B).
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate a MEWP. It covers the Law, maintenance of the MEWP and manual checks to ensure safety.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and manoeuvre the vehicle
- Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
- Understand all of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Working at Heights Regulations 2005
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Features and Safety Equipment
- Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance
- Correct Use of Controls
- Risk Assessment
- Operating the MEWP and typical hazards
- Theory and Practical Testing
On completion of the course and successfully passing theory and practical assessments, the delegates are awarded an IPAF Certificate and PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card. This is valid for 5 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 6 delegates for one category or 4 delegates for two categories.
Share this Course