Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to use a Forklift Truck in their daily working duties.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate a Forklift Truck. It covers the Law and manual checks to ensure safety.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and manoeuvre the vehicle
- Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
- Understand all of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Features and Safety Equipment
- Vehicle Inspection
- Correct Use of Controls
- Operating the Forklift (starting, moving, stopping and steering)
- Weight Assessment and Truck Stability
- Theory and Practical Testing
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
1 Day – Refresher or Conversion
2 Days – Experienced delegate with no current certificate
3-5 Days – Novice
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 3 delegates per day.
Share this Course