Excavator (180 or 360)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to use an Excavator in their daily working duties.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate an Excavator. It covers the Law, maintenance of the Excavator and manual checks to ensure safety. By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and manoeuvre the vehicle
- Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
- Understand all of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Features and Safety Equipment
- Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance
- Correct use of Controls
- Operating the Excavator
- Trenching, Back-filling, Levelling and Marking Out
- Deep and Shallow Excavating
- Theory and Practical Testing
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
1 Day – Refresher or Conversion
2 Days – Experienced delegate with no current certificate
3-5 Days – Novice
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 3 delegates per day.
Share this Course