PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner
Who should attend?
This qualification is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: project board members, team managers, project assurance, project support and operational line managers.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 to suit a particular scenario. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to business objectives
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout
- Evaluate the project to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects
During the course, there will be a combination of formal presentations, group and individual exercises, enabling delegates to gain an understanding of the following topics:
- Themes and Process
- Principles and Concepts
- Business Case
- Initiating a Project
- Getting Work Done
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Issues and Escalation
- Tailoring PRINCE2
- Controlled Start
- Controlled Progress
- Controlled Close
- Product Based Planning
- 75 multiple choice questions (including 5 trial questions)
- Pass mark is 50%
- 1 hour, closed book
- Eight, 10 mark, multiple choice scenario based questions
- Pass mark is 55%
- 5 hour, open book
Successful delegates will receive an official PRINCE2 certificate.
5 days – Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required to pass the exam.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses nationwide.
Share this Course