MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) Practitioner
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for recommended for project managers who wish to build on their success at Foundation level. Project managers, BCMs, experts and advisers working within a programme office and other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to act as an informed member of a programme management team; that is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising within an MSP environment.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify and document the vision of a programme, aligning it to the strategic aims of the business
- Coordinate the projects of a programme to ensure the correct application of resources and risk, issue and change management
- Interface the programme with the day-to-day business to ensure the smooth transition of changes delivered by a programme into business as usual activity
- Ensure that the benefits that the programme was designed to deliver are achieved
- Understand the facts, terms and concepts
- Understand the principles
- Appreciate how each theme is applied throughout the transformational flow
- Understand the responsibilities involved
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each theme in a given scenario
- Application of MSP in an exam environment
During the course, there will be a combination of formal presentations, group and individual exercises, enabling delegates to gain an understanding of the following topics:
- Adopting MSP
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Benefits Management
- Planning and Control
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Eight, 10 mark questions
- Pass mark is 50%
- 5 hour, multiple choice exam
Successful delegates will receive an official MSP certificate.
2 days – Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required to pass the exam.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses nationwide.
Share this Course