MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) Foundation and Practitioner
Who should attend?
This course is designed for project managers, BCMs, experts and advisers working within a programme office and other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to act as an informed member of a programme management team; that is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising within an MSP environment.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify and document the vision of a programme, aligning it to the strategic aims of the business
- Coordinate the projects of a programme to ensure the correct application of resources and risk, issue and change management
- Interface the programme with the day-to-day business to ensure the smooth transition of changes delivered by a programme into business as usual activity
- Ensure that the benefits that the programme was designed to deliver are achieved
- Understand the facts, terms and concepts
- Understand the principles
- Appreciate how each theme is applied throughout the transformational flow
- Understand the responsibilities involved
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each theme in a given scenario
- Apply MSP in an exam environment
During the course, there will be a combination of formal presentations, group and individual exercises, enabling delegates to gain an understanding of the following topics:
- Programme Management Context
- Transformational Flow
- Identifying a Programme
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Defining a Programme
- Benefits Management
- The Business Case
- Planning and Control
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- Adopting MSP
- 75 multiple choice questions (including 5 trial questions)
- Pass mark is 50%
- 1 hour, closed book
- Eight, 10 mark, multiple choice scenario based questions
- Pass mark is 50%
- 5 hour, open book
Successful delegates will receive an official MSP certificate.
5 days – Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required to pass the exam.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses nationwide.
Share this Course