APM (Association for Project Management) Project Management
Who should attend?
The APM Project Management course is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers who wish to demonstrate their acquired knowledge. The APM Project Fundamentals qualification is not a pre-requisite.
Course Aims & Objectives
The APM Project Management qualification (formerly known as APMP) is a knowledge based course. Successful candidates go on to use the knowledge gained to work more effectively on both large and small projects. During the 5-day event, delegates study all the areas of the APM Body of Knowledge, included in the official syllabus.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the management structure by which projects operate
- Explain the structure of project lifecycles
- Examine contexts and environments in which projects are delivered
- Define governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Plan and manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Apply project management planning for success
- Describe project scope management
- Define and develop scheduling and resource management
- Prepare for effective project procurement
- Apply risk management, quality management and issue management
- Structure of Organisation and Projects
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Contexts and Environments
- Governance and Structured Methodologies
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Planning for Success
- Scope Management
- Schedule and Resource Management
- Project Risk and Issue Management
- Project Quality Management
The exam, taken two weeks after the end of the course, consists of:
- Delegates must answer 10 out of the 16 questions
- Each question is worth 50 marks
- Pass mark is 55%
- 3 hour written exam, closed book
Successful delegates will receive an official APM certificate.
5 Days – Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required to pass the exam.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses nationwide.
Share this Course