APM (Association for Project Management) Project Management for PRINCE2 Practitioners
Who should attend?
Delegates will be practising Project Managers who are also current PRINCE2 Registered Practitioners. They will wish to demonstrate that they have acquired knowledge or experience beyond PRINCE2. The APM Project Fundamentals qualification is not a pre-requisite.
Course Aims & Objectives
The APM Project Management qualification (formerly known as APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners) is knowledge based. Successful candidates are able to go on to use the knowledge gained to work more effectively on both large and small projects. During the three-day course, delegates study topics not covered during PRINCE2 Practitioner training in order to gain full understanding of the areas of the APM Body of Knowledge included in the official syllabus for the APM Project Management qualification.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the management structure by which projects operate
- Explain the structure of project lifecycles
- Examine contexts and environments in which projects are delivered
- Define governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Plan and manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Apply project management planning techniques for success
- Describe project scope management
- Define and develop scheduling and resource management
- Prepare for effective project procurement
- Structure of Organisation and Projects
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Contexts and Environments
- Governance and Structured Methodologies
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Planning for Success
- Scope Management
- Schedule and Resource Management
The exam, taken at the end of the course, consists of:
- Delegates must answer 6 out of the 10 questions
- Each question is worth 50 marks
- Pass mark is 55%
- 2 hour written exam, closed book
Successful delegates will receive an official APM certificate.
3 Days – Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required to pass the exam.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses nationwide.
Share this Course