APM (Association for Project Management) Project Fundamentals
Who should attend?
Attendance on this course does not require any prior knowledge or experience of project management. The qualification is designed for anyone starting a career in project management and for those wanting to understand the principles of project management excellence.
Course Aims & Objectives
This qualification, formerly known as the APM Introductory Certificate, is designed to enable candidates to understand the language of project management and the structure of a successful project.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Differentiate between project management and the operating environment
- Apply project management planning
- Describe project scope management
- Contribute to scheduling and resource management
- Apply risk management and issue management
- Define project quality management
- Manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Project Management in the Operating Environment
- Project Life Cycle
- Management Structures by which Project Operate
- Project Management Planning
- Scope Management
- Schedule and Resource Management
- Risk & Issue Management
- Project Quality Management
- Leadership and Teamwork
The exam, taken at the end of the course, consists of:
- Question booklet contains 60 questions
- Pass mark is a total of 36 or more out of a possible 60 (60%)
- 1 hour multiple choice, closed book
Successful delegates will receive an official APM certificate.
2 Days – Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required to pass the exam.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses nationwide.
Share this Course