IOSH Managing Safely
Who should attend?
This course is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide. It’s designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle Health & Safety in their teams.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to manage Health & Safety in the workplace to create a safer working environment for everybody.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Be able to apply basic management principles and practices to Health & Safety issues as part of a total management strategy
- Set achievable Health & Safety objectives and plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives
- Recognise Health & Safety hazards in the workplace
- Carry out and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards, and recommend suitable control measures
- Take account of risks arising from ergonomic factors
- Ensure that adequate information, training and supervision are provided for employees
- Investigate an accident or incident involving injury or damage to determine the causes and take appropriate actions
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing Risks
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance
Delegates are required to sit an assessment and complete a small project; both contribute towards the final pass mark. After successfully completing the course, delegates will receive an official IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course