SSSTS Refresher – Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme
Who should attend?
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
Course Aims & Objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health & Safety Executive direction of enforcement
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Be aware of, and able to implement, all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor
- Be aware of, and able to implement, new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
- Be more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Course Introduction
- Current Enforcement Priorities
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Occupational Health
- Noise and vibration
- Respiratory risks
- Drugs and alcohol
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Hazardous Substances
- CDM Regulations
- Working at Heights
- Manual Handling
On completion of the course and successfully passing the end-of-course examination, the delegates are awarded the Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme Certificate. The SSSTS qualification will also be added to the delegates CSCS card when they re-apply for it, providing they send a photocopy of their certificate with their card application. This qualification will need to be refreshed every 5 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 15 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course