SMSTS Refresher – Site Management Safety Training Scheme
Who should attend?
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the full SMSTS course or subsequent refresher course and can provide proof of attendance. It aims to bring Health & Safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous five-day course programme, as well as introducing new subjects. Delegates must be competent in English at site management level.
Course Aims & Objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices
By the end of the course, delegates will be:
- Aware of, and able to implement, all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- Aware of, and able to implement, new guidance and industry of best practice
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Regulations Up-date and Overview
- Work at Height Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Fall-arrest and Suspension Equipment
- First Aid at Work
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos in the Workplace
- Control of Noise and Vibration
- Environmental and Waste Management
- Safety Inspections and Auditing
- Accident Reporting and Investigation
- Electrical Safety on Site
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Fire Prevention and Control on Site
- Dangerous Substances
- Risk Assessments
On completion of the course and successfully passing the end-of-course examination, the delegates are awarded the Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate. Delegates are required to attend both sessions; without full attendance the Certificate will not be awarded. The SMSTS qualification will also be added to the delegates CSCS card when they re-apply for it, providing they send a photocopy of their certificate with their card application. This qualification will need to be refreshed every 5 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course