Order Picker (Low, Medium and High Level)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to use an Order Picker in their daily working duties.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate an Order Picker. It covers the Law and manual checks to ensure safety.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and manoeuvre the vehicle
- Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
- Understand all of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Introduction to the Truck, Controls and Instruments
- Starting, Moving, Stopping and Steering
- Simple Manoeuvring Exercises
- Manoeuvring in Confined Areas
- Hydraulic System and Use of Controls
- Pre-use Inspection
- Load Handling and Operating Practice in Open and Confined Areas
- Order Picker at Various Levels
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 3 delegates.
Share this Course